The monthly update on Australian house and apartment values has been released showing some strong trends as we head into the end of the year. Property investment proved again in 2016 that it remains a reliable and profitable assett class outperforming the stock market considerably in 2016.
The key findings for November can be summarised:
- All states posted dwelling value increases in the month (except Melbourne)
- The annual rate of capital gain has remained boyant in all states (except Perth)
- Rental yeilds in Hobart were the highest in the country. Hobart remains the most affordable city.
- Sydney remains the least affordable city.
- Interest rates are predicted to rise next year which may slow down buyer activity and in turn reduce buyer demand in 2017
To read the full report click here